Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zb2603 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3EATERS View Post
Not one White Male in this ad with age between 25-50. Seriously?

I think they have missed the mark here again. Why so many females, hardly any males in this ad?
Seems like a pretty even 50/50 split between males and females in the people shown and the voiceovers. Just like how the entire population on the planet splits out.

Welcome to the future, sorry the girls like your cars now too. My wife and I once owned an E60 M5 and an E64 M6 Convertible at the same time. And I know plenty of women who own M cars. Wake up.
Everyone is getting really upset over what M3EATERS said and honestly he can have his own opinion whether you agree with him or not. No need to turn this "into a thats racist", "thats sexist" competition.

According research done by Hedges Company back in March 2019 (the most recent I could find):

https://hedgescompany.com/blog/2019/...raphics_gender

Age Group breakdown for BMW Owners (as a whole not specific to M)
24 years old and younger: 1%
25 to 54 years of age: 40%
55 to 64 years of age: 29%
65 years old and older: 30%

So M3EATERS is spot on since 25-54 make up 40% of the entire ownership, since M cars are niche cars its more than likely that this age group will have even a larger percentage.

Also from the same market research, "Our data shows that 64% of new BMW buyers are male, compared to 36% female". Again, this is for all models not M specific. Which for M cars its safe to assume that the percentage of male will be higher.

So from a business perspective targeting male who are in the age range of 25-50 makes perfect business sense.

Maybe where you live might have a 50/50 mix of male/female owners but you cannot project that to the rest of the country.

Also, maybe you should go through different sub forums for G80, G82 and F90 to see how many of those members are male vs how many of them are female lol.

Since you are so "woke" maybe you should get your facts straight before getting on the bandwagon lol. Don't claim it if you ain't it buddy.
This is a terrible take, by your words they should appeal to the 40% they know they captured rather than try to expand into the 60% they haven't captured yet?

It doesn't make "perfect business sense" to capture the group that already is interested in the brand. You know they're going to be coming around anyway, this vBulletin based forum existing and being active in 2022 is good proof that the late Milennials and older aged people (mostly male, too) are still loyal to this brand, and at the very least would consider a new BMW before purchasing their new car.
Appreciate 1
PNWM3545.50