Estoril235
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_f22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estoril235 View Post
They don't do it just to lock it, it's just built into the latest software update and sometimes dealers update the software as a courtesy even if the service your car is in for isn't computer related. A lot of people here ask dealers not to update software, even if they're just getting an oil change, specifically for this reason.
oh okay i called the dealer do you think they can like re unlock it or something for me? How would i fix this? I emailed PTF so hopefully they can help me fix it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_f22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estoril235 View Post
They don't do it just to lock it, it's just built into the latest software update and sometimes dealers update the software as a courtesy even if the service your car is in for isn't computer related. A lot of people here ask dealers not to update software, even if they're just getting an oil change, specifically for this reason.
oh okay i called the dealer do you think they can like re unlock it or something for me? How would i fix this? I emailed PTF so hopefully they can help me fix it.
I haven't had this problem so I don't know the details, but PTF is your best bet. The dealer likely isn't going to be able to do anything. The only thing they might be able to do is give you an older version of the software, but that's unlikely.
Appreciate 0