View Single Post
      04-07-2021, 08:32 AM   #137
Dasnub
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooooook View Post
Come on guys, let's keep this thread going. I've missed it over the last few days!

So, getting back to the original question, my 10c/2p worth: given the quite significant price differential between the two, the choice for most will simply be down to $$$$/££££. I can't imagine anyone for whom money is not an issue opting for the OG M2 over the M2C - the C is objectively a huge improvement on the OG and therefore the better car.

For my part, money is an issue and I can't justify the premium for the C over the OG. So when the time comes I'll take a late OG M2 LCI thanks.
I’m not sure affordability really is the main issue for everyone- it’s value for what’s important to you. The simple fact is that the OG gives me more of what I want than the Comp, and it just happens to cost less.

I can afford both cars comfortably. But I don’t need enormous brakes. I don’t need different seats (I really struggle to figure out what’s wrong with the original ones for people.) I don’t need track cooling. I don’t need 500+ tuned hp on the street (especially on 265 tires.) And I definitely don’t need a “real” M engine just for bragging rights.

What is valuable to me is my exhaust note and a lighter, more visceral/dramatic car with less linearity in the powerband. The OG gives me more of that than the Comp. I also daily drive the car 30-40k miles a year, and the N55 offers advantages in terms of maintenance costs, repair costs, and fuel costs.

At the end of the day I’m paying more for the Comp for the things I don’t need, and less for the OG for the things I do. It really makes it a pretty simple personal choice. I also understand that puts me in the minority- my point is just that there really are circumstances where the Comp is not the objectively better car.
Appreciate 5