View Single Post
      12-07-2020, 01:22 AM   #21
daneagles
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanuKeeyes View Post
I put them on just now.. they look good but I’m really disappointed with the amount of poke out back with ET38. These Michelin pilot sport a/s 3’s are pretty wide. They are almost exactly the same width as the 245 Hankook R-S4’s.. the 8.5 width wheel and the extra bit of offset vs the 8” wide ET40 on the R-S4’s makes it very aggressive by comparison. no rubbing yet and the front is darn near perfect but still on the poke side. If I could do it again, I would go with ET45 and put the 5mm spacers up front.

Again, perfect example of how the tire really is key to all this. This tire with ET35 would be a disaster. Definitely no go.
Interesting... this makes me think that 235/40 PS4S on 8.5" ET35 is probably just barely doable. If A/S 3+ is 0.1" wider than PS4S and you say that ET38 is just barely flush, then 3mm further out on a ~4mm less wide tire should also just barely be flush. This is gonna be tight either way... will update this thread in spring when I switch back to new FL-5s and Pilot Sport 4S.
Appreciate 0