View Single Post
      10-24-2020, 02:41 AM   #131
danyosun
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
PS - I tried to take as many random angles possible of the wheel fitment, as it seems not many have done the Front: et42 9.0" or Rear: et43 9.5" from Apex on the F22. It fits, PERFECTLY! A 255 would allow a bit more clearance out back and reduced camber (-1.8* to -2.0 vs -2.1* minimum imo), and 245 would net the same savings out front with a dial back to -2.8*.
First off, amazing build! Gain so much good information from your thread.

Are your APEX EC-7 9.5 ET43 in the rear really perfect? The APEX reps and a few guys have said it pokes and they all suggest 9.5 ET58 with 5mm spacers. Everyone seems to be scared to run ET43, except for you.

Just a short background, I am on Dinan Springs and I do plan on tracking (first timer) the car with the correct alignment, probably 2.25° in the rear based off quick research. I would prefer going ET43 in the rear to avoid using any spacers and have a slightly more "aggressive" stance/setup. I've also read, for each degree of camber, the wheel should be tucked about 4mm or so, any truth to that? Therefore, by running your exact set up and -2.25° camber, I shouldn't have any clearance issues right?

I'll probably run 255/40 RE71r to be safe first, unless you're confident I can clear 265 with ease.

I also never even considered running 18x9 ET42 on the front as I never seen anyone run that spec before. Any huge advantage running 9 ET42 instead of 8.5 ET 35 on the fronts? Trying to get close to square as possible maybe?
Appreciate 0