10-20-2020, 03:36 PM   #37
chattanooga240
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobelium27 View Post
I guess I just don't really know how to proceed with the negotiation. I'd done some market research and kbb value check and I believe it should be somewhere from 1-2k of loss. The problem is that it's not what I can show them, it's what they are willing to believe.

I think I'll give the adjuster a call and try to negotiate, but I'm not confident and I'm not eager to spend money on appraisal if this has to go to court. Appreciate your input.
All it will take is a couple dealer appraisals of what your car is worth with the accident on it's history. (Those are free, any dealer would provide that if you were going to trade) Keep in mind, no dealer will sell your car with that on it's Carfax, it will go straight to the auction. (Hence the diminished value)

Then provide what trade in value would be under normal conditions.

Your estimate of 1-2k is correct, and the mention of legal action would compel them to do the right thing in this regard. (They do not want you filling legal action over this, they will ultimately lose, then pay your legal fees)

It's not worth the extra time on anyone's part, they will throw the extra few bucks at you then be on their way. Stay confident, and iterate that you are not settling for less than it will cost to make you whole.
Appreciate 1