nobelium27
Not so new anymore
Rep
Drives: 2014 F22 228i m-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobelium27 View Post
Thanks everyone for your input. They're very helpful to read through.

For a little more detail, I am located in CO and the insurance company I will be dealing with is USAA (person at fault's insurance).

I was contacted by the insurance adjuster last Friday who left a voicemail that they take full liability. I called back but was not able to reach him - left a voicemail, but was not contacted as of yet.

I am planning to go to a local bmw dealership to get an estimate for a repair with oem replacement parts and get a thorough checkup as is required to keep the warranty. While I'm there I will also ask them to value the car as repaired and maybe get an opinion what it may have been prior to the accident (I think it'll be a good start on estimating DV).

I will keep this updated as I go and keep you guys posted.

Thanks again for all the information.
It may be implied by your plan, but I suggest being sure to find an actual BMW Certified body shop. It is your right to choose your preferred shop. Not all BMW dealers may be associated/work most with Certified shops.
I wasn't aware of that. I'll make sure the dealership is certified. But yes, Colorado allows me to choose afaik so I do plan to shop around before choosing the shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
It may be implied by your plan, but I suggest being sure to find an actual BMW Certified body shop. It is your right to choose your preferred shop. Not all BMW dealers may be associated/work most with Certified shops.
This (above) is a must.

USAA is a great company. I have been a member for many years.
I was somewhat relieved to find out he had USAA. So far, they haven't been so great. We'll see if that applies to non-members as well
Appreciate 0