View Single Post
      03-26-2019, 11:25 PM   #15
sea_m2c
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C - 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristosD View Post
Awesome numbers, can someone please explain to me what uncorrected or smoothing or SAE is? here in South Africa i haven't heard of any of those.

(uncorrected, no smoothing)

uncorrected smoothing 5

SAE smoothing 5
Smoothing removes anomalies in the Dyno graph, i.e. spikes and dips that occur from the dyno but are not actually representative of the cars performance.

Uncorrected means the actual reading of now the car performed that day, on that Dyno. So if it's cold out, a turbo charged car will perform better. If there is less humidity, the car will perform better.

SAE Corrected is a US standard set of conditions. 77* Fahrenheit, 0% humidity. This allows you to measure your progress on different Dyno runs on different days with different conditions my accurately - by simulating a set standard external conditions.

Also, different regions of the world will have different power/torque measurements (HP, PS, KW etc...) and different standard correction conditions (SAE for US, ECE for Europe, JIS for Japan etc...). Hope that helps.

Sold: 2015 M235i RWD, MHD Stage 2, FBO, MPE, XHP, HPD5Evo | IG @sea_m235i
Appreciate 0