12-22-2018, 12:43 PM   #71
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaikram View Post
Why denying our M lite cars are officially M cars by BMW? This is a form of internalised guilt.

I proudly declare my M240i is an 'M' car. For full description, an 'M lite'

If anybody has problems with my description, please contact BMW
lol no doubt, it's an M variant for sure. Just like the M550 etc, which is currently well respected out there. The M235/40's have the components like added oil coolers, powerpack, OE LSD option, Brembo brakes to justify the M designation, imo. I just prefer to fly under the radar with the "M clubs" and make them look silly at the track, instead. They usually have no issue with the "M-lite" once they see how it whips around the circuit

A guy I met in an M4 at Area27 last year actually said for the value, he made the wrong choice. The F22's at their price point, offer a lot more performance for the $ than the rest of the lineup, when it comes to tracking. That and the fact that the body parts, and suspension components are at a much lower cost to replace, in the event of an off track incident, or even just excessive wear factor, justifies the drop in power, and pricepoint.. He was too chicken to take corners at the speeds I was, simply because he paid $120K for his coupe and didn't want to wreck it.. And when he found out I obtained mine for under half of what he paid, he was dumbfounded lol

Last edited by Dylan86; 12-22-2018 at 12:49 PM..
Appreciate 3