View Single Post
      02-24-2018, 10:07 AM   #53
OUGrad05
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 and 2022 Acura MDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
Look, I get that not everyone needs a high performance sports sedan. My wife drives the new Honda Pilot (which has atrociously hard suspension tuning itself, especially for an SUV!!) and before that it was a Kia Sorento. I understand that even the new Camry would make for a "good" appliance grade vehicle to people who simply need a reliable commuter with all the desired tech features. That being said, I had to keep it real when I saw comparisons to BMW or even MB. Ignoring price, one would have to be insane to think the Camry drives better or is a better vehicle in any way than even a base model 3-series. Just sayin'.
That's a fair point. But you diminish your credibility when you have posts like the one above. The newly redesigned Camry is a vastly improved car and one that is actually built well.
Tin can construction and the metal flexing and popping when you close the doors? Get outta here with that crap. Do the doors feel light and flimsy in comparison to a BMW? Sure...do they sound somewhat hollow when closed? Yes absolutely but they're not about to fall off the vehicle.

The Honda Accord, both the latest and the one just replaced is an EXCELLENT car. In fact it is the best overall car in it's segment and that's especially true after the redesign. Material quality is very good in the first row and its reasonably quiet.