02-11-2018, 03:44 PM   #46
LBBF87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: The Magic School Bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_linus View Post
The new M2 LCI with the S55 motor will be a massive improvement over the current set up; I mean two turbos over one, 'nuff said. I predict 3.9 second from 0 - 60 Mph stock, if there is prefect traction.

As far as trading from the current version, I wouldn't bother; the current motor is perfect for the segment this vehicle represents and also the new car with similar options is going to cost at least another $7,000 over the ongoing model's MSRP (someone has to pay for that extra turbo), not to mention the all the unreasonable dealer mark ups.

Now if you could swing it financially, I would go for it. This vehicle is destined to be a classic; it's similar to what BMW did with 335i in 2007 and with a tune and IC; it embarrassed the V8 M3s (I have videos)...

Me personally, I would lose over $15,000 in deprecation for my 2016 235i, thanks to BMW's horrible dip in value, in the last couple of years. So I'll pass but I will keep salivating with videos on YouTube; they're free, minus the commercials...
If I had a dollar for every time someone said a car would be an instant classic I would be browsing the Bugatti forums right now....

I'm keeping mine.
Appreciate 0