View Single Post
      08-22-2017, 04:24 PM   #199
havinfun
Private
Rep
Drives: m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodegaBay View Post
Congratulations. It looks like you're one of the first in the US to get the 2018 LCI model. I'm looking into a CPO M235i vs. just going for it and ordering a LCI M240i.

Can I ask a few questions regarding your 2018 LCI model?

LED HEADLIGHTS
- Can you please confirm if indeed the LED headlamps are indeed projectors NOT reflectors?

I am no expert, but the headlights on my 2018 M240i have very large/thick lenses (both lows and highs) with flat areas on the top and bottom of the lenses. They seem to project light in a very directed beam with a pronounced cutoff that is most obvious along the top of the beam. So my guess is they are projectors.

- Are the front turn signals LEDs as well or are they still incandescent bulps?

Sorry, but I can't tell. The front (amber) turn signals are so bright that they are blinding to look directly at them when on. The amber turn indicators in the side mirrors appear to be LEDs based on their size and brightness, but this is just a guess.

- How is the night time performance of these LED headlights?

Overall, I am pleased with the LED headlights: very bright and well directed. More light than the halogens on my last car.

- Did you option for the Adaptive LED?

No

LED TAIL LIGHTS
- Are the turn signals also LEDs? Amber or red?

The rear turn signals are red and much brighter than the rear red running lights. The LED running lights are moderate brightness and extremely uniform, almost creamy, with no bright or dark areas, so no suggestion of there being individual light sources inside. The turn signals, however, look like row after row of very bright but tiny individual lights. They might be LEDs given how small they appear.

SIDE MIRRORS
- Is the manual folding option still available for the side mirrors? I didn't see BMW USA website listing it in their standard specs.

Yes, my car has manually operated folding side mirrors.

DRIVING ASSISTANCE PKG
- Did you opt for the Driving Assistance Package for $500? I'm trying to understand what's the difference between the DAP $500 vs. Park Distance Control a la cart option for $800

I ordered the Park Distance Control. As I understand it so far, PDC provides a type of screen image of obstacles near the car. The automatic images (a series of lines surrounding the rear of the car) become distorted inward as you back close to an obstacle. There are also warning beeps. The same images appear around the front of the car but must be turned on by a button next to the gear shift. I believe the Driving Assistance Package warns of obstacles or lane departures while driving, and is not intended for nearby parking help.

Thank you @havinfun !
You're welcome.
Appreciate 1