08-01-2017, 01:11 PM   #91
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw896 View Post
Dude...the spot ur car is sitting in is borderline dangerous but looking at how much water the truck behind u is displacing and I'm guessing u just went through that - that's pretty deep!
My thoughts as well. This pic is "once stopped"... Look like it probably waked the water up and through the kidney grill area and probably into the intake snorkel as well, causing the engine shut down. There's a good changes it'll be okay, as mentioned there are ways to fix slight hydro lock, but BMW will probably point you toward and insurance claim to handle the cost of the repair itself. Worst case is a no-fault claim, pay your deductible, and you possibly obtain a brand new engine? Lesson learned, though, I hope..

This could happen to anyone, really, and happens quite often with flash flooding situations.. but one with a sporty coupe should generally think twice about "clearing" any sort of pond, like that.. If you had an open intake, it probably made things worse as well. Hope it all gets sorted out for ya man, sucks..

D
Appreciate 0