///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalCarNut View Post
[/COLOR]

A week huh? Google 2017 M2s for sale. Check out the West Century BMW in Universal. Cost? $105K. Now tell me it lasted a week again. Seems all of their M2s are over 100k. Granted, I see others more reasonable, but local to me, they're still asking mountains of money over sticker. (And you're a moron if you pay that much for sure!). I see 0 at $55K-most are high $60s and many used.
Just because a dealer is asking a huge "market adjustment" over MSRP doesn't mean that they're actually selling them at that price. These are showroom cars, meant to impress "browsers" and get people talking about them, just like you mentioned them in this forum. The only people who buy these cars are wealthy impulse buyers, and gives them bragging rights to say they paid $X over MSRP.

I know several people who have gotten or are getting M2s at MSRP. They ordered the car, waited for an allocation, and didn't pay an outrageous market adjustment price.

A local dealer has a M4 GTS on their showroom floor. Their initial market adjustment was $100K a few months ago, but it's now down to $25K. If you walked in with a serious intent to purchase, I'm sure that you could get it for pretty close to MSRP.

Appreciate 0