02-04-2017, 04:38 PM   #16
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
Why are you the only one?

I'm not surprised if you're selling it for $35K privately. That's what they're going for.

But for a dealer to offer you $34,200, knowing they'd be selling it for $35K doesn't make any sense, unless..., 1) you are a lifelong customer of the dealer and they know you'll keep coming back; or 2) you're trading in on another car, and they're making the profit on the sale end of the deal.

If I sell mine, I will try for $39K and see what happens. It's a manual with an MSRP of $51,295, pristine condition, and 7500 miles. Folks in this thread are saying the manuals are harder to come by, so that might be in my favor. Not sure how low I would go on negotiation, but hopefully the final sale would be at least $35K. KBB says it's worth $36K retail.
I have not bought a single car from that dealership and I twice went in to inquire about my M235i and the M2 and did not end up buying from them. I went to them in 2016. The book value might have changed in 2017 and hence the low offers.

If you're patient, you should get a good price for your car. There was someone else who was looking for a manual right here. I hope he sees this thread. He has another thread called 2014 cpo M235i or something.

All the very best with your sale.
Appreciate 0