View Single Post
      12-10-2016, 10:23 AM   #14
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer29 View Post
Seems like I want to go towards muffler delete i know fabspeed makes one but thoughts on me going to local muffler shop and having it made?
Problem with that mentality is if you don't like it you just hacked up your stock exhaust.

At least with a bought set up, you can go back to stock if you don't like it or just want to change it up to something else.

Plus they hold their value pretty well so you get a good portion of your money back.

MY .02

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
How about a Fabspeed catted downpipe. Sound + more noticeable power = win. Then later on you can decide how much louder you'd like to go. If just a bit louder then couple the dp with the M performance exhaust. Want louder than that? Couple it with a cat-back like Fabspeed or AWE. Want to raise the dead? Couple it with a muffler delete.

If you go muffler delete first and find that to be too loud (or just loud enough) you've barred yourself from a dp. Trust me, you'll end up with a dp. We basically all do.

I stayed away from a muffler delete due to fear of drone. There's a thread here somewhere where someone added a resonance chamber to their muffler delete setup that supposedly took care of the drone. Don't remember the name of the thread, but I believe the post I mentioned is like on page 3 or 4 of the thread. Can't miss it. The chamber is a J-shaped pipe attached to the exhaust tubing.
I agree, I'd go downpipe first if there are plans for that anyway. Downpipe opens up a good amount of sound & power while keeping it reasonable at idle and highway cruising.
Appreciate 0