09-26-2016, 08:00 PM   #16
orangeglim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Garage List
2019 M2C  [0.00]
I actually compared the IS350 F-Sport with the M235i back in May. I bought the M235i. I was coming from a 2013 IS 250 F-Sport, so I knew what to expect the from the Lexus. I didn't buy it based on the following:

1. The IS 350 didn't have the "put you back in your seat" type acceleration I was looking for. Honestly, it didn't feel much faster than my IS 250. That was surprising because it had more than 100 more HP than my IS250. It was probably because...

2. The transmission was constantly shifting into the highest gear it possibly could. It felt confused most of the time and had no idea what I wanted.

3. The infotainment system. Holy crap. A trackball, mouse, pointer thing? What the hell is that thing? My 2013 IS had a touchscreen that was perfectly usable. That mouse thingie? Forget it. I actually asked the sales guy, "Do people actually like this thing?" Seriously, this thing is dreadful.

4. The fake engine noise. I noticed this immediately. It's obvious and annoying. Sounds very synthetic. I didn't even notice the M235i fake sound until I read a through on here.

I really wanted to like the IS 350. I test drove it twice and even worked the numbers into a very favorable deal. In the end I walked away...and over to the BMW dealership.
Appreciate 0