08-18-2016, 08:08 PM   #646
kdog26372
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235xi BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguided_will View Post
ah cool. Thanks guys.

Heard back from RaceChip and apparently there are 3 connectors required for the Bluetooth version.

very fiddly. there are horizontal metal pipe which block access so will see if removing the air intake.

any other suggestions how to access it?
If you are indeed plugging into the camshaft sensor, then yes you need to disconnect that intake tube along with the 4 clips holding the top of the airbox on.

You need a long, thin flathead screwdriver which you'll use with your right hand and come from the bottom, your left hand hopefully isn't a gorilla hand as you need to use it to pull down on that small connector while you gently turn slightly clockwise the screwdriver which should already be wedged on the right hand side of the connector from the bottom. Eyeglass screwdriver with flat head works great. Once you've done it once it's easy, the first is tough because you don't know how it comes out.

I still was not aware of any other RC owner with an N55 that uses the camshaft sensor, but I also didn't know about the bluetooth bit either nor do I know what the bluetooth function would have anything to do with the camshaft sensor as all it shows on the RC website is the fact that it allows switching the tune from eco, sport and race; maybe it changes the RPM range for which it functions to maximize gas mileage or maximize performance.

You'd think RC would have better instructions, tell you what sensors you are plugging into and also market it's new bluetooth product better. I'd have no clue on the website what changes as the power #'s quotes for the non bluetooth is identical to the bluetooth and no mention of extra wires. They have a decent product, but lack common sense with marketing and instructions.