View Single Post
      08-18-2016, 02:40 PM   #169
wtfbrah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvmaddog View Post
Good so now you can see where most of us are coming from, and the point of all this is you get what you pay for. You are very focused on luxury options in a performance car, the two do not go hand in hand. I said when you open it up to included 65k+ cars, your options expand greatly, I did not say you were buying a Cayman s for 65k. In the 65-80 range you are looking at high end performance cars with a ton of luxury options. Lexus RC-F, Cadillac ATS/CTSv, Cayman S, M2/M3, smaller AMG cars, the list goes on and on.

Either money is no object and go and buy the best of the best, or you settle and live without certain items.

The point that we have all been stressing from the beginning is simple, this 50k M235/M240 is not in the same luxury class with some of the options above, it is in a lower segment with a nice mix of performance and lower end on the luxury scale.
Very, very true. See? I am learning so much from this thread.

The fact of the matter is I seem to want M240i performance with Mercedes luxury. Those are the reasons I looked at the C43 AMG. But for me, it lacks personality. So then the car I want is a Porsche with luxury options... But that's a lotta dough for something that's not that practical for every day driving. An M3 might fit the bill, but I think it's a little too big. Lexus RC-F is beautiful, but expensive for the dull performance that you get.

So that once again brings me back to the M2/M240i. I think I can forego the luxury... Not the driving feel.

I guess I'll need an M240 or M2, and an AMG as a cruiser. I can afford one right now, and next year with a good bonus, probably both.

Quote:
Lease the 911. A real sports car vs. a wanna be M2. Perception is reality.
Porsche's website offer is 7k due at signing and 1200 per month before taxes for a lease. No thanks, I could lease an M240 for fun and a Mercedes to cruise in, at the same time, for less than 1200 a month.
Appreciate 0