04-19-2016, 06:32 PM   #29
simoneves
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 228i DSB/THP/6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotulukn View Post
Hello guys! My first post on this forum! I purchased a 2014 m235i a month ago and have been utilizing this forum and others for info on upgrades. I almost purchased the active 8 tune until I read about the inconsistencies /unpredictableness, like in this topic along with this one, in which he got some misfire codes, CELS, dealer discovering he used a piggyback

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showt...151560&page=11

The AFE scorcher, which had a gain of like 10whp/34wtq, with an unimpressive n55 dyno chart , doesn't seem like such a great bang for the buck either "mild tune."

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showt...1033206&page=4

I've already contacted Cobb and they're not making their accessport compatible for our cars =(

I am considering the BMS n55 stage 1, for simplicity and warranty service reasons, but 3psi (or is it 3.5psi?) sounds low, when active 8, at some RPM's is over 5psi.

How often would these hidden codes occur for the n55's? because I would purchase a BMS stage 1 today, if BMS can modify the boost to 4psi before shipping it out to me ! I have access to 93 octane always.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, I have spent many hours doing research and I would be thankful for some more insight!
Not sure how I missed all the stuff in the M235i thread. I really thought I'd read all the way through that one already. I guess not.

So some people there seem to have had all the same problems I'm having with inconsistent power delivery and lag between gears.

I reconnected my AA8 and set it to 3 (I had previously tried 4-6) and it does seem a little smoother, but there is still some hesitation and inter-gear lag, plus it doesn't seem particularly fast, given that any setting is supposed to give more boost than stock. I'll give it a few more days, then try 4 again, but 5 and 6 were definitely too inconsistent for my liking.

Anyway, this thread is going nowhere. I'll either get used to it, or you'll see a used N20 AA8 in the Classifieds in a few weeks...

Appreciate 0