11-30-2015, 11:10 AM   #35
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo View Post
Judging by your signature your pay check is closely tied to the manufacture. I'm not in the market for an M but I think I know business and my observation, 15yrs ago if I wanted to test drive a e46 M3 with anticipation I wasn't threatened with these types of scenarios from BMW. For that reason alone my middle finger feels a little longer as my back turns to the product. I like some of the trade offs BMW has chosen from then to now but this is real money not monopoly money. My buyers remorse is not BMW's if spin it around the block option is replaced with take it in blind faith is all the market BMW wants. The merits of the product should exceed from the buyers point of view and that is what many(not all) M2 market share see... "You want me to buy that on blind faith"?
It appears to me BMW made a better car product then and expect the computer with 4wheels and motor they peddle now to somehow rise in it's place. Sure, its what everybody is doing but not without a test drive.

it's your call.. your money.. I am simply saying that when the product is unique, rare, or indeed excellent, situations change.
If you as a buyer then refuse to adapt, and perhaps, choose to throw your middle finger? then you will simply miss out. It's your choice to gain or not.

Doesn't matter if it's a car, a house.. a rare gem, or anything of value.

As far as the current BMW sports car lineup... I would wager that the M2 will be the one to have going into the future...as opposed to an F8x... (M4 GTS excepted) . We already know that, while they will are in proximate price ranges... the M2 production will be lower, therefore it will be much rarer than the F8x M3 and M4.. It's not difficult to draw parallels from 1M and e9x to the next generations ...

As far as the quality of the product of BMW in the current market place. Lets check the company record... Can we trust them ?? hmm.. The M135, 1M, M235, E9x M3, F80 M3, and M4, have all been excellent products from BMW... along with a whole lot of other M cars in the past..lessee... 2002 tii.. E30 M3... E36 M3.. Z3 M..Z4M.. E46 M3.. yeah.. I'm firmly convinced that the M2 isn't gonna SUCK so bad that it is a WASTE OF MONEY.

In my opinion, with this history, it's simply folly to expect that BMW will crank out enough M2s " for everyone'" and purposely overinflate the market with the M2.. . I think it will be difficult to get this car... certainly for the first year.. if not for longer.

If you are looking at the current BMW company and lineup through the the jaded lenses of " what BMW used to be " then you are missing out fully on what BMW is today. BMW still represents one of the best overall drivers cars on the market.. and an M car is the best of the brand.

If you haven't noticed .. , there are record numbers of BMW buyers in the market... and while you are locked in on " what BMW used to be " others are going to beat you to a very special car.

Finally.. thank you very much, but I don't collect a paycheck from anything related to BMW. I have owned three M cars and been a BMW CCA member since 1993... I've been a volunteer in the BMW car club since 1997.. I was lucky enough to win a trip in 2010.. and wise enough to tell a lot of people to buy a 1M in 2011..

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 11-30-2015 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 0