View Single Post
      10-04-2015, 03:30 PM   #13
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerLOVER1234 View Post
Thanks. I've been reading the forums alot and have found many of your comments to be very helpful. By any chance, have you had the chance to compare the adaptive 228i m suspension with a stock suspension F30? wonder how it measures up since i sat in my cousins F30 as well and the ride was excellent as a passenger.

Its a long wait for my 228i in dec :/
Kind words, thanks. I have not had enough recent time in an F30, and never been in a base car so I am sorry I cannot comment.

If you are trying to find a balance to please yourself and your wife, I also suggest a change I made to cope with the worst roads in the country around here in Michigan. I changed the 18" wheels and tires for 225/45-17 at all four corners. I used Michelin AS3 which provide excellent performance but with the increased ride compliance of a taller tire sidewall.

But, for even more ride comfort at the cost of some more handling capability, you could find less aggressive tires. DWS06 would be the next choice I would consider which are still at least in the Ultra High Performance All Season category. If you think you need to take further action to please her, look at Grand Touring tires, although for a BMW, that is a bit like putting wing tip shoes on an athlete and asking them to run!
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 1