08-04-2015, 12:35 AM   #57
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRST1 View Post
Because 1. I'm not paying 7.8 hours of labor to install springs at a Dinan dealer and (which is Dinan's estimated time to install) 2. If I'm not gonna be able to get warranty then fuck it I'll splurge and go H&R springs with my performance lip on NY roads

And 3. This is all because i hate looking at stock ride height
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK235iNJ View Post
I negotiated the price (basically letting them know that I knew it wasn't going to take 8 hours). Pretty sure I paid 600$ including alignment (which the alignment is bs since the springs are not settled so doing it at the same time is bs). Also check out the alignment specs they are very close to stock.
You will retain warranty coverage from Dinan even if the install is done at a non-Dinan dealer. The only thing we would not warrant is improper installation so if the installing non-Dinan party effed something up due to a bad installation we wouldn't pay for their mistake whereas a Dinan dealer is essentially vouched for and will be forced to take responsibility for any improper installation.

In regards to the quoted times for suspension goods in particular we are in a bit of a quandary whereas that is concerned as there are established labor times done by BMW and since we in the dealerships we have to fall in line with their labor times as well. Do we always agree with them, no, but we have to play nice and by the rules. You can always negotiate. =)
Appreciate 1