View Single Post
      07-30-2015, 06:01 AM   #14
moldcad
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: M235i

I personally feel quite planted when cornering at some 3/4 (of course modulating the throttle - never off !!!). However, I do have another related complaint about my M235i tail behavior: sometimes the infamous throttle lag occurs just when I'm in need of accelerating fully (like during take-over another car or a group of cars); after this hesitation moment the car is catapulted and - if it so happens the rear wheel(s) is/are on a less than full grip patch of the road (like when driving in the rain) - I lose the grip momentarily. From my previous experience with the RWD E46, this should just wake DSC up and - with one or two DSC light blinks, and o short moment of limited torque output - I should continue acceleration. But with this car, which has LSD installed, circumstances like I describe cause a much less pleasant feel of the tail not being quite planted - exactly the opposite of what I was hoping from when deciding to buy the LSD in the first place. I have no previous experience with LSD in an RWD car whatsoever, so my question to those more experienced: is it normal? Or should I try again to describe the situation better in my poor English for you to be able to answer my question
my RWD pirate & long-distance cruiser: 2015 M235i AT8, LSD
Appreciate 0