View Single Post
      07-26-2015, 12:38 PM   #38
sth519
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M135i → M2 → i4

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I don't even think we know that to be honest. That 100 year celebration car could well be an i8s or something, instead of an M2 CSL. There's absolutely no way of knowing. Until we see what is unveiled at Pebble Beach in a couple of weeks, we're completely in the dark IMO.
Might be. The strongest hint so far are Adrian van Hooydonk's references to the E30 M3 with regards to what's coming next year – but since we don't really have the full interview, it's hard to know if that's really what he was hinting at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
But I'm honestly more interested in the "base" M2 just like you. If there is going to be an M2 CSL, it'll be expensive and there's a good chance it won't be offered with 6MT (like the E46 and E92). That would be a deal breaker for me.
I'd have the M2 with a 6MT as well – it just feels more connected to the car and I have no reasons for having an automatic at this point. The 6MT might be slower on the track, but for me, this car would be a daily driver and lap times don't matter at all in that scenario.

That said, since this will be a daily driver for me, I also want some basic level of comfort (an opinion that might be a bit unpopular in this subforum). A completely stripped-down car is great for having a go on the 'ring, but it's just not that great for doing 300 mile business trips or commuting 75 miles every day.

That (as well as the issue of price) would likely make the "standard" M2 a much better fit for me, but that doesn't mean I don't want a CSL to exist. It just wouldn't be a big deal for me if it won't.
Appreciate 0