View Single Post
      05-22-2015, 10:52 PM   #5
mmmmm235i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 440xi GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryJI View Post
I've been looking at Dinan suspension mods that work with the adaptive suspension on the 228i with THP:

http://www.dinancars.com/product/d90...ries&mid=1184/

It would seem that this addresses criticism of the car (as in the R and T review) for excessive chassis stiffness/understeer.

I'm curious that my BMW dealership is listed as an official supplier of this aftermarket modification. Does that mean that it will not invalidate the car's factory warranty? Have any of you done this? Opinions, please.
I would go for it...
I am too surprised to see it first on the 228 as opposed to simultaneous considering its supposed to be the same setup, but I look forward to seeing some reviews before purchasing. If it makes any kind of noticeable improvement by changing only the software that would be pretty great.
As stated dinan will generally match your warranty if something goes bad related to their part. Although some BMW dealerships are "licensed" dealers of Dinan products, they are in no way affiliated. Essentially if something goes wrong dinan picks up the bill for the repair (I don't think they even get a discount), rather than the dealership/BMW eating that cost as with other warranty items. In my experience with several South Florida dinan dealers, my best advice is to try to find a non-BMW dealer to do the work. Many of the dinan reps at BMW are uninformed of the process and unwilling to do a little extra work to make it happen. A third party dealer will probably take care of other similar cars and the warranty will still be good if you go in for repairs at the dealership. This will save you time and money no doubt.
Good Luck, enjoy the car, and please let us know how that shockware is.

RETIRED:
2018 440xi GC, Carbon Black on Black/Blue
2014 M235i Black on Black, DINAN Stage 2
Appreciate 0