View Single Post
      04-07-2015, 04:19 PM   #81
akuan99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M-Sport Track 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant601 View Post
We are comparing opinions because OP asked us for ours in reference to their question. Also, if I don't say in my posts that it is "my opinion" and does not apply to all, then it looks like I am just trying to push my opinion on others. Two sides to every story, so while some say automatics aren't fun and take the enjoyment out of driving, I don't agree in this case. If it wasn't for discussion of opinions, there wouldn't be forums like this. Just my two cents to compare the options so OP makes the best decision for themselves.
Your comment "The opinion that it is not as fun as the manual is also lost on me, as moving my right arm and left leg while driving does not make it any more interesting on a day to day basis TO ME than flicking some paddles and being in the gear that I want to be in. That is just my opinion. "
came across (to me) like trying to push your preference to others.

You could have stated that "I find it more interesting flicking some paddles and being in the right gear than moving my right arm and left leg while driving."
But you started with "The opinion ...".

While we are in the subject of opinion.
I don't really like shifting with paddles.
I tried to like them for 3 years and one of the most annoying aspect is that you have to have both hands on wheel at the right places to operate them.
Appreciate 1