View Single Post
      03-17-2015, 08:22 PM   #49
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elincali View Post
It might be a little optimistic--luck has something to do with it. The ship my car was on arrived 3/10 and I don't have it yet (SF Bay Area).

There were a few people on the same ship who got theirs last weekend but most were closer to Port Hueneme. Their cars cleared the port and went to the VPC within a day. Mine sat at the port and didn't get to the VPC until Friday 3/13. As of right now it's cleared the VPC but is awaiting transport to my dealership (expected arrival Thursday).

Someone posted last week that his car got up here within 6 days of vessel arrival. My CA originally said it would be about 7 days.

So I'm probably on the unlucky end with 9-10 days. Hope you're luckier than I!

My dealer is just 30 minutes from the port and the ship arrives at the port on Friday, April 10th(4/10). My mates will also want to come when I go to pick up the car and they can only come during the weekend.

Now I've been a very good boy all this while and did not even ask for anything during Christmas. If God can get my car from Port to the dealer by Sunday (4/12) so I can take delivery the same weekend, I will start believing in miracles.

It could happen since mine was an ED too and they took too much time to put it on a boat at Bremerhaven as well. Also, the strike at Long Beach could still be going on and so the boat could get to Port Hueneme a day ahead of schedule like Inline's did.
Appreciate 1