View Single Post
      01-29-2015, 12:25 AM   #3
Cal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMWs, NSX.

Very well written review. I agree with virtually everything you have written. In regards to the HK...while it is still a step up from the base system, you could have probably skipped that and saved yourself even more money since the HK in the F22 is actually not as good as the one in the other BMWs. There are some threads in this forum where owners have actually been reimbursed a few hundred dollars due to the HK system being misadvertised.

With regards to the engine, I also found the 2 liter turbo to be quite good, especially on the 228i. When I test drove one, I found it to accelerate a tad better than my e36M3 as well. Once broken in, a 228i would for sure outperform an e36M3 decisively in any acceleration contest. It actually is so good that it is even "decent" on an f10 528i. For this reason, we decided to get a 428i GC as our other car.

Finally, in regards to the Xenons, I also found them to be ok, but not quite up to par with xenons on other cars. They don't seem to illuminate enough of the road, so maybe I also need to adjust them higher. For some reason, I find the F36 xenons to illuminate more of the road than my F22, so I'll definitely look into this.

Once again, great writeup and review, and congrats on your new car.
Appreciate 0