View Single Post
      10-10-2014, 06:13 PM   #62
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
No not at all, I didnt intend it to sound like that. I think the original comment I replied to was something about why the M sales have suffered as of late.
In truth yes most of the M products are a bit raw for the mast majority.

I was implying that BMW M performance automobiles are taking sales away from the actual M division cars. I think there is much truth to this. And here is why, most people dont need all that what a pure M divison car is offering when they can get plenty of that in an M performance version. Especially now with all the add on bits that even make it look so much closer to an M then ever (not a bad thing at all).

Yeah I dont care about the M deuchery or whatevever people say about M performance poser crap. I am a fan of BMW even though today most poeple say they have lost some soul, well I say this Ill weather this storm and hope they keep listening and make cars to please everyone including myself. Can you honestly say BMW doesnt make a car for everyone? I think they do...

And no, it doesnt make you any less of a purist or BMW fan. Same goes for myself. I have never owned an M car (I want to next purchase) or an M performance variant. But hey I sure as hell enjoy my 335i does everything I need it to do and more.
High taxes in many EU countries keep customers away from such vehicles as the X5M and X6M. The best thing regarding the BMW M Performance models is that BMW sell vast quantities of the X5 and X6 M50d to European customers to compensate for lack of M-X vehicles. The Diesel and emission levels fit within a suitable and accessible tax band in most countries so they not held back with financial penalties as the other models.

M Performance sales and M Sport models combined with standard M models as well as M Performance accessories provide significant profit, and more are coming.
Where this guy ends up is anybody's guess as well as BMW and BMW M you also have BMWi , MINI and Rolls-Royce.