View Single Post
      10-01-2014, 04:03 PM   #13
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Did first oil change on 235. Unfortunately I could not get car onto Petersen Utra-Ramps with extension without rubbing the flexi-flap in front of the front tires. Resorted to my 3.5 ton Arcan garage jack (Costco) and a ReverseLogic pad (lifting point) tool.
I lifted at the drivers side front jack-point and was able to get enough height to work the flap door and drain plug. I was also able to lower the car to 'level' while draining to get a good drain.
The one tool I purchased for the job that was indispensable the Form-A-Funnel [small size (green object in picture)] that routed the draining oil over the flap door into a basin.
The factory drain plug gasket was silver and blended onto the drain plug bolt - so be sure to pry that off. The OEM filter kit came with a copper drain plug. And the actual factory filter was installed with the writing on the filter facing upward into the plastic filter cap. I purchased a OEM filter socket made in Switzerland. Used a 27mm socket to turn the filter cap.
I put in around 6.6 quarts ( let drain for about thirty-minutes ) and after a short 1.8 mile drive car showed oil at 'MAX' level with a 'Oil O.K.' reading.

And when under the car I placed a floor jack and spare tire strategically though not touching anything and I used two wheel chocks on the passenger side front & rear. The next time I do a thirty-minute drive I will chk oil level - the system needs that thirty minute drive for the iDrive oil level reading to be accurate/stated in manual.
Attached Images

Last edited by overcoil; 10-22-2014 at 07:15 PM..
Appreciate 0