View Single Post
      03-21-2014, 07:45 PM   #122
shatty
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 6MT Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by biz77 View Post
Living in New York, I would think one would be familiar with the concept of snow tires?
I have no issues plowing through 8" of the white stuff in my RWD 335i with Blizzaks on all four corners. I've owned a 2005 STi and 2006 Legacy GT (also with Blizzaks in the winter, as you would have to be a blithering idiot to try and drive the STi in winter with the factory Bridgestone 070 tires) and haven't had an occasion where I missed the AWD. That said, I do find the 2015 WRX with the FA20DIT motor very intriguing.
I would love to see that! 8" of snow with that car. Ground clearance on the 335 is 5"-6"!

Anyways the STi should not be compared to the other 2. Totally different animal. Yes, they have used the same engine for the past decade. But why? There must be a good reason for it. Yes, the car is a rice burner, yes it doesnt look as good as the 2. But I have not heard a bad review on the way the car drives. There should be no discussion on the review at all cause it was idiotic comparing all 3. Another thing...the STi sounds siiiiiiiiiiick with a stock exhaust. Even better with an aftermarket. Its fun to tune them and mod them.

Last edited by shatty; 03-21-2014 at 07:52 PM..
Appreciate 0