I represented BIMMERPOST at the press launch of the BMW M235i at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Here are some images I took of the M235i Racing and M235i Performance Parts cars at the launch.
I had a chance to inspect the body parts up close and I would say the quality is excellent. All of the body fitments had tight, consistent gaps, and the look was aggressive and polished. [M Performance Parts details
The M235i Racing car [official thread
] was also very interesting to look at. Its blistered fenders remind me of the E30 M3 and the M hood stripes look fantastic.
Stay tuned for the full review of the M235i and the 4 series convertible, including driving impressions!
Catch up with all the latest 2 Series news/features @ http://www.bimmerpost.com/2-series/
2 Series M Performance Parts details:
- M Performance Power Kit available for the 220d coupe which increases power from 131 bhp to 200 bhp and torque from 380 Nm to 420 Nm.
- M Performance exhaust system will be available for the M235i Coupe and M Performance exhaust pipes in carbon fiber or chrome with the M logo.
Styling (exterior / interior)
- M Performance limited slip differential for M235i Coupe (and 4 Series Coupe)
- M Performance sports suspension (lowers 20mm)
- M Performance brake system with brake calipers painted in a choice of red, yellow or orange.
- 19-inch forged BMW M Performance light alloy wheels are also available in two design versions.
- M Performance aero kit (requires M Sport pack)
- Black decorative grid for the BMW kidney grille,
- Exterior mirror caps in carbon,
- Side sill foils with M Performance inscription
- BMW M Performance accent stripes in two color versions
BMW M235i Racing Specs:
- M Performance sports steering wheel in Alcantara/carbon finish with red central marking and Race Display in 12-o’clock position
- Gear lever and handbrake handle in carbon fiber
- Alcantara gaiter.
- Carbon fiber finish available for the gear selector switch of the automatic transmission.
- Interior trim in Carbon fiber and Alcantara,
- High-grade steel pedals and a driver footrest in corresponding design
Max. width: 1,862mm (without mirrors)
Wheel base: 2,690mm
Max. track width: 1,608mm
ENGINE / TRANSMISSION
Straight six-cylinder petrol engine
BMW M Performance TwinPower Turbo
Output: 245kW (333bhp)
Racing exhaust with racing catalytic converters
Steering wheel with shift paddles
BMW M Performance limited-slip differential
TANK Motorsport safety tank
SUSPENSION / STEERING
H&R suspension springs
Front: H&R anti-roll bar (2-way)
Rear: H&R anti-roll bar
Front: High-performance motorsport braking system -
Performance Friction (PFC); 4-pot fixed calliper
Rear: BMW M Performance 2-pot braking system
ABS / DSC / ASC
BMW Motorsport specific racing application
TYRES / WHEELS
18x10 inch alloy rims
Cage with DMSB certificate and FIA approval
6-point racing harness from Schroth
Racing seat RECARO Pro Racer SPG
EXTRAS Taxi seat, incl. belt
XL driver’s seat