CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
So it's vaguely like an Antilag system in that it uses fuel, but it is much less harsh since the fuel is igniting in the cylinders as normal. Yes?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antilag_system

This begs the question: if such a simple solution is possible, why hasn't it been implemented long ago? We need more details. I am also curious how this effects the feel and behavior of the car when active. I.e. does the car seem to decelerate at a lower rate than you would expect? For that matter, can you feel the system disengage?

Also I notice this is only for the more aggressive modes. I wonder if it will mean that they will state fuel efficiency and emissions numbers without these systems in the mix.

Interesting though.
As others have stated, IMO, it is the complex interaction between Valvtronic and the electronic wastegates than can make this happen. The basic concept is simple but making it happen is much more complex. We are probably at a point where the technology (speed and precision) of the Valvtronic system and the computing power of the ECU are finaly capable of such a feat.

As you specify, the main drawback is increased fuel consumption and is probably the reason it is not the "standard" drive modes.

Last edited by CanAutM3; 12-10-2013 at 12:57 PM..
Appreciate 0